www.haynessettlement.com – File Your Claim in the Matter of $11.5 Million Chase Bank Lawsuit
- A class action lawsuit has been filed by Rusty Haynes against Chase Bank USA [case number 8 CV 3307 (VB)] claiming that the bank has caused harm to its’ credit card account holders’ by adversely affecting their credit scores and even required them to pay on debts that were discharged in Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- HaynesSettlement.com is administered by Rust Consulting Inc.
- The settlement fairness hearing will take place on or around 20th August 2018
The Haynes Class Action Lawsuit claims that Chase Bank has failed to update it’s credit furnishing for class members’ credit card accounts which reflected negatively on Class Members’ credit scores. Chase Bank USA (CBUSA) denies any actions of wrongdoing but has agreed to settlement terms in order to avoid further litigation.
Except some limited exceptions, the settlement class otherwise include all individuals. For being sure whether or not you are eligible to file a claim, please check the link haynessettlement.com/FAQ.
Who is a Class Member?
“Class Members include “all individuals (i) who maintained a Credit Card Account with CBUSA; (ii) whose account CBUSA charged off and then sold to a Debt Buyer on or after January 1, 2008, and (iii) who post-sale sought and obtained a discharge of the debt as a result of his/her bankruptcy under Chapter 7 of the Bankruptcy Code, through and including the date of the Bankruptcy Court’s preliminary approval of the Settlement.”
In order to file a claim you just need to visit www.haynessettlement.com/Claim-Form and provide the required information sought. ALL CLAIM FORMS ARE DUE BY 18th July 2018.
HaynesSettlement.com Lawsuit Notes
- Class members who file valid claims can expect to receive a full refund of the amount which the member had paid on an affected CBUSA credit card account, along with a share of the settlement award
- The case is under review in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- CBUSA has agreed to pay a hefty sum of $11.5 million through this settlement in order to avoid further trial
Mail: Haynes v. Chase Settlement Administrator, c/o Rust Consulting Inc. – 6032, PO Box 44, Minneapolis, MN 55440-0044 (this address can also be used to mail claim forms)
All class members who file valid claims will be represented by the law firms of BOIES SCHILLER FLEXNER LLP and CHARLES JUNTIKKA & ASSOCIATES. CBUSA has hired WILMER CUTLER PICKERING HALE AND DORR LLP.